bizSAFE is a Business safety programme. It’s a 5-step programme administered by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and Workplace Safety & Health Council (WSHC).
This programme approach to help SMEs progress, from top management demonstrating their commitment towards WSH, to acquire Risk Management (RM) and Workplace Safety & Health Management System (WSHMS) capabilities.
In the process, participating SMEs gain recognition and benefits of having a comprehensive WSH system in workplace. WSH EXPERTS is an approved bizSAFE Service provider in providing bizSAFE Consultancy and audit.
The key principles of the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Act is to reduce risks at source, increase industry stakeholder’s ownership and focus on achieving good WSH outcomes and systems rather than complying with prescriptive requirements.
bizSAFE Level 1: (CEO/ Top Management Course)
Demonstrate top management commitment by attending a bizSAFE Workshop for CEOs / Top Management (half day).
bizSAFE Level 2: (To Develop a Risk Management Implementation Plan)
Acquire Risk Management capability by nominating a Risk Management (RM) Champion to attend and complete a bizSAFE course on Risk Management (2 full days).
bizSAFE Level 3: (Implementation of Risk Management Plan)
Implement Risk Management and have it assessed by an approved independent MOM WSH Auditor. Subject to the auditor’s report that the enterprise has met the requirements of the WSH (RM) Regulations, the enterprise may then be recognized as bizSAFE Level 3. From bizSAFE level 1 to 3 there is a new element called SGSecure Elements which helps to identify and rectify terror threats in Workplace.
According to WSHC, with effect from 26 September 2017, management of terror threats will be a part of requirements in the bizSAFE Level 1 to bizSAFE Level 3. Under WSH Risk Management Regulations Act, Risk Management should be conducted at all workplaces, which includes SGSecure Element (Identifying Potential workplace terror threats and implementing risk control measures). WSH EXPERTS will do SGSecure Elements also.
We always keep you updated.
bizSAFE Level 4
Acquire capability in managing WSH systematically by selecting a Workplace Safety and Health Management System (WSHMS) Programme Lead to attend the bizSAFE course on WSHMS (4 full days).
bizSAFE Level 5
Deliver excellence in WSH Management System through achieving SS 506 / OHSAS 18001:2007 certification.
Benefits of bizSAFE
- Companies in the bizSAFE community are listed on the WSH Council’s website and can proudly display the bizSAFE logo on their business collateral, including corporate stationery and marketing materials, as a reflection of their commitment to safety.
- bizSAFE allows SMEs to be able to meet contractual requirements by bizSAFE partners, which include major shipyards, large construction companies and developers, as well as town councils and government agencies. These partners require their SME contractors to meet at least bizSAFE Level 3 before being considered for contracts.
- In addition, bizSAFE enterprises enjoy other business privileges and advantages offered by bizSAFE partners who participate in this programme.
HOW WSH EXPERTS CAN HELP YOU?
WSH EXPERTS can provide consultancy, Audit and assist training to your organization in achieving Risk Management (bizSAFE Level 3) or WSH Management System (OHSAS & bizSAFE Level STAR)
What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 is an international Standard that specifies requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS) Management System. It is intended to be applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and nature. ISO 45001 enables an organisation, through its OH&S management system, to integrate other aspects of health and safety, such as worker wellness/wellbeing; however, it should be noted that an organisation can be required by applicable legal requirements to also address such issues.
Areas of ISO 45001 certification:
Hazard identification, risk assessment and determining controls.
Legal and other requirements.
Objectives and OHS program(s).
Competence, training and awareness.
Emergency preparedness and response.
Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement.
What will be the benefits of using ISO 45001?
An ISO 45001 based OH&S management system will enable an organisation to improve its OH&S performance by:
Developing and implementing an OH&S policy and OH&S objectives
Determining the hazards and OH&S risks associated with its activities; seeking to eliminate them, or putting in controls to minimize their potential effects
Establishing operational controls to manage its OH&S risks and its legal and other requirements
Increasing awareness of its OH&S risks
Evaluating its OH&S performance and seeking to improve it, through taking appropriate actions
Ensuring workers take an active role in OH&S matters
In combination, these measures will ensure that an organisation’s reputation as a safe place to work will be promoted, and can have more direct benefits, such as:
Improving its ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
Reducing the overall costs of incidents
Reducing downtime and the costs of disruption to operations
Reducing the cost of insurance premiums
Reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates
Recognition for having achieved an international benchmark (which may in turn influence customers who are concerned about their social responsibilities)
ISO 9001:2015 is the International Standard Certificate for Quality Management System (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements
ISO 9001 certification is suitable for all sizes and types of organisations and is well established around the world as an invaluable Quality Management System standard. It is suitable for organisations in all industry sectors and will help your organisation to improve management processes to compete locally and/or globally.
Areas of ISO 9001:2015 Certification:
- Risk Management.
- Management of delivery and Operations.
- Contracts and Customer Management.
- Eliminating deficiencies in Products and services.
- Address customer satisfaction through application of system and developing processes for continual improvement and the prevention of errors and mistakes.
Benefits of ISO 9001:2015
- Enhanced customer satisfaction and improved customer loyalty leading to repeat business.
- Increased revenue and market share obtained through flexible and fast responses to market opportunities.
- Integration and alignment of internal processes which will lead to increased productivity and results and gaining good reputation for the company.
- Creates a more efficient, effective operation
- Increases customer satisfaction and retention
- Increased credibility and competitiveness in the market
- Consistency in the delivery of your product or service
- Reduces audits
- Enhances marketing
- Improves employee motivation, awareness, and morale
- Lower costs and shorter cycle times through effective use of resources
- Improved communication, planning and administration processes
- Reduction in customer complaints
WSH Experts Assists you with:
WSH Experts provide you Auditing, Consulting services through out the process. We can also assist you with the Certification body which have to be done on each and every year.
ISO 9001:2008 had been upgraded to ISO 9001:2015 Version. So companies want to upgrade it to new version can also contact WSH Experts Pte Ltd. We will be assisting you on all aspects.
Requirements for the Chemical industry
Why do you need this?
This standard is specifically for industry involved in storage & manufacturing handling of hazardous substances such as chemical and petrochemical industries. It addresses the OSH processes rather than products/services.
Enables these industries to manage their OSH risks and prevents accidents which could have a great impact on business continuity, business opportunities and customers’ confidence.
- Eliminate or minimise risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to OH&S risks
- Assurance of compliance to any relevant legislation
- Improve operational efficiency through accident management reduction
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety to stakeholders
How can we assist?
- Reviewing existing sets of management system’s documents
- Integrated more than one existing management systems into one
- Integrated new management system into existing management system
- Assist in updating the existing documents
ISO 14001:2015 is an International Standard certificate for Environmental Management System which is designed to help organizations manage environmental issues such as pollution and waste management.
ISO 14000 family of standards provides practical tools for companies and organizations of all kinds looking to manage their environmental responsibilities. ISO 14001:2015 and its supporting standards such as ISO 14006:2011 focus on environmental systems to achieve this.
Using ISO 14001:2015 can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
An EMS follows a Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle, or PDCA.
The diagram shows the process of first developing an environmental policy, planning the EMS, and then implementing it. The process also includes checking the system and acting on it. The model is continuous because an EMS is a process of continual improvement in which an organization is constantly reviewing and revising the system.
Your company will benefit from employing the service of a consultant to assist with the documentation preparation and to guide you through the entire implementation in order to make the certification process a relatively smooth one.
Requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard:
- Environmental Policy.
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts.
- Legal and Other Requirements & Evaluations.
- Objectives and Targets and Environmental Management Program.
- Training, Awareness and Competence.
- EMS Documentation & Control of Documents & EMS Audit.
- Operational Control & Emergency Preparedness & Response.
- Monitoring and Measuring.
- Non conformance and Corrective and Preventive Action.
BENEFITS OF ISO 14001:2015
- Cost savings through the reduction of waste and more efficient use of natural resources (electricity, water, gas and fuels).
- Avoiding fines and penalties from not meeting environmental legislation by identifying environmental risks and addressing weaknesses.
- Reduction in insurance costs by demonstrating better risk management.
- Improved overall performance and efficiency.
- Able to monitor and reflect (audit) your business and see which areas need intervention.
- Better public perception of the organization, leading to improved sales.
HOW WSH EXPERTS CAN HELP YOU?
WSH EXPERTS offers one of the best services in helping you to get ISO 14001:2015 certification. Our EMS Consultants help you to achieve efficient and effective environment management system which will be a benchmark for your company and will raise the status of your company to a great extent.
ISO 22301 / BCM (Business Continuity Management) is about having a plan to deal with difficult situations, so your organization can continue to function at that time. ISO 22301 specifies the requirements for a Management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood and ensure your business.
This program involves the understanding of business activities and identification of the critical business functions, complying with obligations imposed by stakeholders, authorities and customers, preparing for foreseeable and unforeseeable service disruptions and conducting regular exercises to maintain its readiness towards service disruptions.
Areas of BCM / ISO 22301 Certification:
- Develop Internal Competence.
- Establish roles and responsibilities.
- Undertake a business impact analysis.
- Develop business continuity plans and strategy.
- Ongoing review and maintenance.
Benefits of ISO 22301 / BCM:
- Maintain continuity of business operations.
- Protect assets, turnover and profits.
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Reduce the need for frequent audits.
- Reduce the cost of business interruption insurance.
- Improve Processes and organizational focus.
WSH Experts will help you to implement ISO 22301 / BCM by Consulting, Auditing, Training, Internal Awareness training and also assist you with Certification body.
- It specifies the requirements for an energy management system to develop and implement policy and objectives, while taking into account significant energy aspects and legal requirements.
- ISO 50001 is ideal for organisations that already have ISO 9001 – the world’s most established Quality Management standard – or the environmental management system (EMS) standard ISO 14001. This is because those systems are fully compatible and use the same methodology. Therefore, new documentation can be added to existing systems and internal auditors can be up-skilled accordingly.
- While, in theory, the environmental management system standard ISO 14001 can be used to manage energy in parallel with all other environmental impacts, its methodologies are not sufficient to deal adequately with the complexities of energy and carbon reduction – hence the need for ISO 50001.
- Organisations with ISO 9001 that have a top priority of improving energy management to reduce carbon emissions and/or minimal other environmental impacts may opt for ISO 50001, and may not need ISO 14001.
- Drive down energy consumption and carbon emissions in a systematic way with greater management focus and commitment.
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve an energy management system.
- Train, raise awareness and provide continuity through changes of personnel.
- Obtain certification of the EnMS or make a self-evaluation and self-declaration of conformance with the standard.
- Demonstrate energy and carbon performance to key stakeholders such as staff, customers, suppliers and shareholders.
- Documenting procedures and eliminating unplanned approaches to workplace health and safety are a vital part of your legal responsibility to provide and maintain a safe working environment for anybody who enters your workplace, including contractors and visitors.
- Safe operating procedures are critical component of this responsibility to provide a systematic and organised approach to workplace safety.
- A safe operating procedure is a written document that provides step-by-step instructions on how to perform a task safely or activity which involves some risk to health and safety. (A safe operating procedure is sometimes referred as a safe work procedure or safe work method statement).
- Be specific and provide step-by-step instructions; and
- Be written in plain English and so that a person who has no prior knowledge of the job can follow the safe work procedure without any problems (if there are differences in literacy or language among your workers or contractors, communicate your safe operating procedures in ways so they are understood by everyone).
Identify the hazards associated with the task and each individual step and incorporate information into the safe operating procedure about the hazards associated with each step.
Include suitable precautions and control measures to accompany the identified hazards which will eliminate or reduce the level of risk.
Each safe operating procedure must be dated and assigned a procedure number, a version number, a review date and a copy number.
Requirements for a safety and health management system:
Certain workplaces are required to implement a Safety and Health Management system (SHMS), including risk assessments and risk management.
What is a Safety and Health Management system?
A safety and health management system (SHMS) is a systematic process for managing workplace safety and health. The system features:
- Setting goals.
- Measuring performance.
- Managing commitments and direction.
Effective Safety and Health Management Systems (SHMS) have proven to be a key factor in reducing workplace injuries and illnesses. SHMS must be well developed and customized to meet the needs of your organisation.
Workplaces must also audit or review their SHMS regularly to ensure continual improvements.
Workplaces requiring audits
You must get an approved Workplace Safety and Health Auditor to conduct regular audits if your workplace is one of the following:
|Type of workplace||How often to audit|
|Any worksite with a contract sum of $30 million or more||At least once every 6 months|
|Any shipyard employing 200 or more people||At least once every 12 months|
|Any factory engaged in manufacturing fabricated metal products, machinery or equipment, and which employs 100 or more people||At least once every 12 months|
|Any factory that processes or manufactures petroleum, petroleum products, petrochemicals or petrochemical products||At least once every 24 months|
|Any premises that stores toxic or flammable liquids at a storage capacity of 5,000 or more cubic meters||At least once every 24 months|
|Any factory manufacturing fluorine, chlorine, hydrogen fluoride, carbon monoxide and synthetic polymers||At least once every 24 months|
|Any factory manufacturing pharmaceutical products or their intermediates||At least once every 24 months|
|Any factory manufacturing semiconductor wafers||At least once every 24 months|
Workplaces requiring internal review
Your workplace needs to conduct regular internal reviews of it’s SHMS, if it is one of the following:
|Type of factory||How often to review|
|Any worksite with a contract sum of less than $30 million||At least once every 6 months|
|Any shipyard employing fewer than 200 persons||At least once every 12 months|
WSH Experts assists you with:
WSH EXPERTS is a leading expert in developing and customising SHMS to meet the needs of our clients. We help our clients to successfully develop and implement SHSM which conforms to internationally recognised standards. Our consultants go beyond basic compliance and apply our understanding of the relationship between workplace exposure and disease.
First launched in February 2009, BCAs Green and Gracious Builder Scheme (GGBS) and Green and Gracious Builder Award aim to raise the environmental consciousness and professionalism of builders.
The award acts as a benchmark of a builders corporate social responsibility to the environment and the general public, and sets standards for green and gracious practices that builders can implement to address environmental concerns and mitigate possible inconveniences to the public caused by construction works.
BCA Contractors registered under CW01 and CW02 with grades A1, A2, B1 and B2 and those intending to seek registration in these work heads/grades are required to obtain BCA’s Green and Gracious Builder Scheme (GGBS) certification.
The GGBS recognizes the important role builders play in contributing to environmental sustainability, environmental protection and considerate practices during construction. It encourages pro-active engagement with the community and public stakeholders and aims to improve the image and branding of the construction industry.
Being certified to BCA’s GGBS, the organization is recognized as a committed socially & environmentally organization with the following benefit:
Benefits of GGBS
Adoption of innovative green practices
Optimization of cost saving by energy conservation and waste transformation
Alignment and compliance with Government policy in environmental protection
Adoption of friendlier and gracious construction practices
Establishment of good rapport and relationship with neighbors and clients
Safe, healthy and gracious working environment for staff
Better manpower development, engagement and management
How can help you?
Our consultancy approach is tailored to support the specific needs of company, to build strength and provide sustainable solution, based on BCA GGBS assessment criteria. The company could rely on our honed GGBS expertise to make it through the journey to the realm of GGBS prestigious award.
What is ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000:2005 specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
Why You Need ISO 22000:2005
- Provide a scheme work for food safety management
- Raise the awareness of food safety and hygiene during production and at achieve it at the same time.
- Provide a scheme work for food safety management
- Gain confidence of interested parties
- Fain marketing opportunity
How The ISO 22000:2005 help your company
- Develop a series of procedure according to standard requirement
- Identify role and responsible in every stage of food production that ensure in placed of food safety practices
What is OHSAS 18001 ?
OHSAS 18001 is an Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series certification for health and safety management systems, which enables an organization to control occupational health and safety risks and to improve performance. This is integrated in the work protection law, which states that work safety and health protection should be treated in one complete system.
OHSAS 18001 standard is internationally accepted as a method of assessing and auditing occupational health and safety management systems. Developed by leading trade and international standards bodies, it provides a framework for organisations to instigate proper and effective management of health & safety in the workplace.
By having a clearly defined management system in place to identify and control health and safety risks, organisations are able to minimize risks in their workplace. The standard will enable organisations to put in place processes for continually reviewing and improving occupational health and safety.
Areas of OHSAS certification:
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and determining controls.
- Legal and other requirements.
- Objectives and OHS program(s).
- Competence, training and awareness.
- Emergency preparedness and response.
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001:2007
- Improves productivity through reduction of workplace accidents.
- Demonstration of legal and regulatory compliance and to organize and self-regulate OHS efforts with legal compliance.
- Credibility and image improved amongst stakeholders, customers and the public. This will increase access to new customers and business partners.
- Legislative compliance and awareness – With OHSAS / SS 506, system ensures you are compliant with latest laws and legislation’s.
- Helps to eliminate or minimize risks for stakeholders through identification of hazards and control measures to manage them. Prevent downtime or Cost related accidents.
- Legislative compliance and awareness – With OHSAS / SS 506, system ensures you are compliant with latest laws and legislation’s.
- Retaining employees by creating better workplace Culture.
- To implement, maintain & continually improve your OHSMS and OHS performance.