SCOPE OF THE COURSE
BTCC training course is designed for workers who are assigned to work at LTA work project, these workers must be train on how to control road traffic safely at their worksite entrance and along LTA road projects.
Under LTA Code of Practice requirements, only trained & competent personnel are allowed to be involved in roadwork related / traffic control & be fully conversant with safe methods of placing, operating, maintaining and removing devices on the road.
At the end of training day, the trainee (s) who are attending this course will successfully complete the following:
- INTRODUCTION LTA CODE OF PRACTICE TRAFFIC CONTROL AT WORK ZONE
- INTRODUCTION TO RELEVANT SAFETY ACTS AND REGULATIONS
- JOB AS TRAFFIC CONTROLLER (ROAD FLAGGER)
- WORKER AND PUBLIC SAFETY
- CHANNELISING & DELINEATION DEVICES
- PROCEDURES IN EFFECTIVE LANE CLOSURE
- EFFECTIVE PLACEMENT OF WARNING DEVICES AND SAFETY DISTANCES
- TRAFFIC CONTROLLER/FLAGGER OPERATION REQUIREMENTS
- THEORY TEST
- PRACTICAL TRAINING ON STOP-GO OPERATIONS
Who should attend this Course?
Workers who need to conduct traffic control in their course of work.
- 4 hours, including assessment hours
- There will be a MCQ assessment
– On completion of the course, a Certificate of Competency endorsed by partners will be issued to all participants.
– $140 (Subject to 7%GST)
Every year there are thousands of PPE-related injury accidents in the workplace; around half of these happen because either no PPE is provided when it should be, or because the equipment supplied is not used or maintained correctly. These accidents are easily preventable if those using PPE understand its importance, and how to correctly maintain it.
This PPE course explains the different kinds of hazards that PPE protects you from, as well covering the different types of Personal Protective Equipment, and the laws in place that relate to the provision and use of PPE at work. It also looks into responsibilities, just because you are wearing your PPE, it doesn’t mean you are 100% safe.
How we can help you?
WSH Experts PPE training is designed to improve the occupational health and safety of workers in high-risk environments. Make sure you understand everything there is to know about PPE and understand your responsibilities with our online Personal Protective Equipment training.
- To provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to implement effective risk assessment (RA) in their workplaces.
- Learners will learn to adopt a systematic methodology in developing appropriate control initiatives with reference to the Code of Practice on Workplace Safety and Health Risk Management.
- Upon completion of this course, learners will understand the legal requirements, be able to identify hazards, evaluate risks and implement appropriate risk control measures.
In this course, Safety Committee Members will gain knowledge on WSH Act, WSH (Incident Reporting) Regulations, Work Injury Compensation Act and other legislations, Formation, Functions & Responsibilities of WSH Committee, Key Objectives of an inspection, How to conduct the safety inspection, Identification of Workplace hazards and the Guidelines to promote safe conduct of work.
This course will benefit nurses and midwives who are appointed by their Workplace to be in the safety committee team. They will be able to better understand the importance of their role in the committee and how they can prevent unsafe practices and conditions, reduce risk of injury and illness, and motivate their co-workers to become actively involved in their workplace’s safety promotion program.
To provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to perform and discharge their responsibilities as safety committee members, as required by the Workplace Safety and Health Act. Upon completion of this course, learners will contribute effectively to the improvement of safety and health at the workplace.
- WSH Act, WSH (Incident Reporting) Regulations
- Work Injury Compensation Act and other legislations
- Formation, Functions & Responsibilities of WSH Committee
- Key Objectives of an inspection
- How to conduct of the safety inspection
- Identification of Workplace hazards
- Guidelines to promote safe conduct of work
- Many organizations have quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems running separately. However, integrating these management systems can make it easier to see how each one contributes to your company’s results and help your organization comply with these international standards.
- Attending this course will strengthen your ability to achieve integration and lead to higher productivity and performance levels across your organization.
• Basic principles of integrated management systems
• Relation with other standards
• Quality management principles
• ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems – principles
• ISO 9001 standard clauses – workshop
• ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Systems – workshop
• OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety – principles
• Workshop on identifying danger and risk management
• ISO 14001 and OHSAS classes