ISO 14001:2015 is an International Standard certificate for Environmental Management System which is designed to help organizations manage environmental issues such as pollution and waste management.
ISO 14000 family of standards provides practical tools for companies and organizations of all kinds looking to manage their environmental responsibilities. ISO 14001:2015 and its supporting standards such as ISO 14006:2011 focus on environmental systems to achieve this.
Using ISO 14001:2015 can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
An EMS follows a Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle, or PDCA.
The diagram shows the process of first developing an environmental policy, planning the EMS, and then implementing it. The process also includes checking the system and acting on it. The model is continuous because an EMS is a process of continual improvement in which an organization is constantly reviewing and revising the system.
Your company will benefit from employing the service of a consultant to assist with the documentation preparation and to guide you through the entire implementation in order to make the certification process a relatively smooth one.
Requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard:
- Environmental Policy.
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts.
- Legal and Other Requirements & Evaluations.
- Objectives and Targets and Environmental Management Program.
- Training, Awareness and Competence.
- EMS Documentation & Control of Documents & EMS Audit.
- Operational Control & Emergency Preparedness & Response.
- Monitoring and Measuring.
- Non conformance and Corrective and Preventive Action.
BENEFITS OF ISO 14001:2015
- Cost savings through the reduction of waste and more efficient use of natural resources (electricity, water, gas and fuels).
- Avoiding fines and penalties from not meeting environmental legislation by identifying environmental risks and addressing weaknesses.
- Reduction in insurance costs by demonstrating better risk management.
- Improved overall performance and efficiency.
- Able to monitor and reflect (audit) your business and see which areas need intervention.
- Better public perception of the organization, leading to improved sales.
HOW WSH EXPERTS CAN HELP YOU?
WSH EXPERTS offers one of the best services in helping you to get ISO 14001:2015 certification. Our EMS Consultants help you to achieve efficient and effective environment management system which will be a benchmark for your company and will raise the status of your company to a great extent.