The OFAC is a mandatory training course for Occupational First Aiders. The aim of the course is to train individuals to render first aid treatment to the casualty during an emergency or accident at the workplace.
Who should attend this Course?
Every person appointed as a first-aider
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of First Aider
- List the legal requirements under Workplace Safety and Health
- (First Aid) Regulations (Cap. 354A, Rg 4) Reg. 5 (2) for the workplace
- Check and pack contents of First Aid Box
- Apply first aid to accident victims in the workplace
- Manage a medical emergency at the workplace
- Manage victims of hazardous chemicals exposure
- Identify common workplace accidents requiring first aid treatment
23.5 hours – including 2 hours 40 mins of assessment
Learner must achieve 75% attendance for entire course, CPR + AED must achieve 100% attendance
Trainee Ratio: 1:18
Assessment Written Test + Practical Performance
Passing rate for OFA MCQs = 70% Passing rate for CPR + AED MCQs = 80%
Upon successful completion of the course a & safety pass issued by Partner Training Organization.
Pre-requisites Assumed Skills & Knowledge
ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above
$300/- (subject to GST)