To provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to perform and discharge their responsibilities as safety committee members, as required by the Workplace Safety and Health Act. Upon completion of this course, learners will contribute effectively to the improvement of safety and health at the workplace.
In this course, Safety Committee Members will gain knowledge on WSH Act, WSH (Incident Reporting) Regulations, Work Injury Compensation Act and other legislations, Formation, Functions & Responsibilities of WSH Committee, Key Objectives of an inspection, How to conduct the safety inspection, Identification of Workplace hazards and the Guidelines to promote safe conduct of work.
This course will benefit nurses and midwives who are appointed by their Workplace to be in the safety committee team. They will be able to better understand the importance of their role in the committee and how they can prevent unsafe practices and conditions, reduce risk of injury and illness, and motivate their co-workers to become actively involved in their workplace’s safety promotion program.
- WSH Act, WSH (Incident Reporting) Regulations
- Work Injury Compensation Act and other legislations
- Formation, Functions & Responsibilities of WSH Committee
- Key Objectives of an inspection
- How to conduct of the safety inspection
- Identification of Workplace hazards
- Guidelines to promote safe conduct of work