Respond to Fire Incidents in Workplace course aims to equip the learners with the skills necessary to handle a relatively simple fire incident which might happen anywhere in the workplace.
Who should attend this Course –
- Company Emergency Response Teams (CERT) from commercial, industrial and workplaces who are the first responders for incidents in their respective premises
- Persons who wants to be recognized as the competent person applying emergency response skills during an emergency incident in workplaces (Public and Industrial buildings without or store under the exemption limit of petroleum and flammable materials).
- This course aims to provide people already working in all industries with the skills and knowledge required to effectively respond to fire incidents in designated buildings/workplaces.
- It is targeted at individuals who are currently involved in their organization’s CERT in any capacity. The competency unit would be appropriate for those with tactical and operational responsibilities.
- Introduce or reinforce the relevant legislations surrounding the formations and activation of CERT.
- Familiarize participants with the various possible fire hazards and the usage of fire protection systems in buildings.
Course duration: 8 hours (including 1 hr assessment)