Supervise Construction Work for WSH (Formerly known as BCSS)
Participants will acquire good knowledge in aspects such as general worksite, safety accident investigation & preventive measures.
- Explain the safety and health duties and responsibilities of a Building Supervisor
- Outline safety planning and organization at worksite
- Explain salient WSH legislations for worksites
- Identify job hazards and apply control measures for a construction site including working at height, demolition, excavation, piling, fire, mechanical & electrical, material handling and occupational health hazards
- Assist in carrying out risk assessment for construction activities
- Conduct safety inspections
- Identify the causes of accidents and recommend preventive measures Conduct investigation and prepare an incident report
- Explain the 14 elements of WSH Management System and key features of SS506 and OHSAS18001
Who to Attend:(a) Mandatory for supervisor in the construction industry(b) Construction foreman, clerk of works and site engineers(c) Engineering graduates or individuals with diploma qualifications and above who wish to work in the construction industry
Medium: English & Chinese
SDU Points:34 Points
Legal Requirement: Workplace Safety and Health (Construction) Regulations 2007 reg. 9 (2b) stipulates that no person shall be employed to oversee or supervise any work or process carried out in a worksite unless the person has received adequate safety and health training for the purpose of ensuring that such work or process can be carried out safety.
Pre-Requisite: Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 4 under Employability Skills System (ESS) or equivalent
Assessment: MCQ and case study
Certification: Upon Successful completion of the English medium course certificate issued by Partner Training Organization.
Upon Successful completion of the Chinese medium course August International Pte Ltd card will be rewarded.
SDF Funding Available: Up to 90%, Subject to WDA terms and conditions