The above headline describes the usage of personal protective equipment in the correct way.
OK fine first of all what is the personal protective equipment here some list of fruitful messages for you.
WSH experts is one of the leading Correct use of Personal Protective Equipment course providers in Singapore.
If you are interested in this course please visit our website us
What is PPE?
“Think safety first wear personal protective equipment”
Personal protective equipment refers to protective clothing, helmets, goggles, or other garments or equipment designed to protect the wearer’s body from injury or infection.
The hazards addressed by protective equipment include physical, electrical, heat, chemicals, bio hazards, and airborne particulate matter.
Types of personal protective equipment
1. Respiratory protection – for example, disposable, cartridge, airline, half or full face.
2. Eye protection – for example, spectacles/goggles, shields, visors.
3. Hearing protection – for example, ear muffs and plugs.
4. Hand protection – for example, gloves and barrier creams.
5. Foot protection – for example, shoes/boots.
PPE in health and safety!!
“Protect yourself at work”
PPE is equipment that will protect the user against health or safety risks at work.
It can include items such as safety helmets, gloves, eye protection, high-visibility clothing, safety footwear and safety harnesses.
It also includes respiratory protective equipment
The purpose is to reduce employee exposure to hazards when engineering and administrative controls are not feasible or effective to reduce these risks to acceptable levels.
How do we wear PPE?
1. Identify hazards & manage risk. Gather the necessary PPE.
2. Put on gloves (over cuff).
3. Put on a gown.
4. Put on face shield.
5. Avoid contamination of self, others & the environment.
6. Perform hand hygiene.
7. Remove the most heavily contaminated items first.
8. Put on medical mask and eye protection.
When selecting and using PPE
1. Choose equipment that suits the user – consider the size, fit and weight of the PPE.
2. If the users help choose it, they will be more likely to use it.
3. If more than one item of PPE is worn at the same time, make sure they can be used together, e.g. wearing safety glasses may disturb the seal of a respirator, causing air leaks
4. Instruct and train people how to use it, e.g. train people to remove gloves without contaminating their skin.
5. Tell them why it is needed, when to use it and what its limitations are.
Other advice on PPE!!!
1. Check with your supplier on what PPE is appropriate – explain the job to them
2. If in doubt, seek further advice from a specialist adviser
3. Never allow exemptions from wearing PPE for those jobs that only take a few minutes.
How we can help you?
“Personal Protective Equipment Is Self – Defense”
WSH Experts PPE training is designed to improve the occupational health and safety of workers in high-risk environments.
Personal protection in work place is must.
Make sure you understand everything there is to know about PPE and understand your responsibilities with our online Personal Protective Equipment training.
This PPE course explains the different kinds of hazards that PPE protects you from, as well covering the different types of Personal Protective Equipment, and the laws in place that relate to the provision and use of PPE at work.
Our certification includes health and safety equipment in Singapore.
Safe jobs are no accidents.
Go safety go ahead👍 👍