This unit covers basic principles in working within/around confined space. It includes the knowledge and skills for the use of appropriate gas testing equipment and methods to obtain representative results for the assessment of atmospheric condition in confined space for safe entry and work. The skill and knowledge covered will enable the learners to be appointed as confined space safety assessor under the relevant regulations.
Who should attend this Course?
The target audience of this competency unit may include:
- Persons who want to obtain the knowledge to be competent for taking up appointment of a confined space safety assessorWorkplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians etc
- Prepare for confined space assessment
- Identify hazards and take measures in confined space
- Conduct gas testing to ascertain the atmospheric condition in the confined space is safe for entry
- Participate in risk control and emergency response for entry into and working in a confined space
- Monitor the confined space conditions and control measures for safe working
37 hours (Training)
3 hours (Assessment/Exam)(Full-Time/Part-Time)
Trainee Ratio1 : 20
Individuals will be assessed through various methodologies such as written questioning, written assignment, case studies, practical and oral questioning etc.
A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded upon completion of each unit.
- Literacy and Numeracy
- WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 6 or Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Mathematics
- Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Science (Chemistry and Physics)
- Other relevant skills/ working experience
- WSH Skills & Knowledge equivalent to Certificate in WSH; or
- 3 years of relevant working experience in operations and co-ordination of safety work
In place of the Certificate in WSH, we also recognise the following courses as equivalent:
- CWSH: WSQ Certificate in WSH
- BCSS : Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course
- SSC : Shipyard Supervisors Safety Course
- BISH : Basic Industrial Safety and Health Course for Supervisors
- OPISC: Oil/Petrochemical Industry Safety Course for Supervisors
$500/- (subject to GST)
After SDF Funding:S$54 (up to 90%, subject to WDA Terms and Conditions Apply)
To be eligible for funding, participants must attend at least 75% of each module of the course.