On completion of this unit, learners will acquire the knowledge and skills to be a WSHMS Program Lead for the organization in preparing a WSHMS implementation plan to meet the requirements of SS 506 and risk management code of practice and for recognition of bizSAFE Level 4 by Workplace Safety and Health.
It entails reviewing the current WSH policy, risk management plan and WSH program.
It also includes establishing frameworks for WSH management program and emergency preparedness and response plan in accordance with organization safety and health needs and WSH legal and other requirements.
Who should attend this Course?
The occupations that this unit would be relevant to include but not limited to:
- Health and Safety Personnel
- Line Supervisors
1. Review WSH policy and risk management plan for deficiencies against the requirements of SS506 and risk management code of practice
2. Apply hazard identification and risk assessment methodology to determine the controls necessary in reducing risks at source in accordance with requirements of SS506 and risk management code of practice
3. Set WSH objectives and determine specific program(s) to enable the achievement of WSH objectives for organization in alignment with WSH policy
4. Establish WSH management program framework for organization to embark on to meet the organization safety and health needs in accordance with WSH legal and other requirements
5. Establish a framework for organisational emergency preparedness and response plan in accordance with WSH legal and other requirements
6. Develop operational control to manage the WSH risks to an acceptable level in consistent with hierarchy of controls and comply with applicable WSH legal and other requirements
7. Develop processes for investigation and reporting of accident/ incident based on WSH legal and other requirements
8. Establish an internal audit program to evaluate the organization WSH management system for conformance to SS506 requirements and WSH legal and other requirements
9. Develop the WSH management system implementation plan based on the needed changes identified that fulfill SS506 requirements and risk management code of practice
10. Conduct management review of WSH management system to ensure its continuing stability, adequacy and effectiveness in accordance with SS506 requirements and WSH legal and other requirements
11. Present to stakeholders the developed WSH management system implementation plan for review in accordance with organization procedures
28 hours (Full-Time/Part-Time)
Trainer : Trainee Ratio ——-1 : 20
Individuals will be assessed through various methodologies such as written questioning, written assignment, case studies, practical and oral questioning etc.
A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded upon completion of each unit.
Literacy and Numeracy
1. WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 5; or
2. GCE O Level or Equivalent
$600/- (subject to GST) After SDF Funding:S$60 (up to 90%, subject to WDA Terms and Conditions Apply)
SDU Points – 30 points
To be eligible for funding, participants must attend at least 75% of each module of the course.